Sunday, June 22, 2014

Passion to Grow



Part of my story was the desire to become the best father I could be for Will. He deserved that from me. I was a wreck Spiritually and decided to Man Up and walk a walk that would make Will proud of his father and, being a part of me, proud of himself. With a passion I had never before experienced, I set my goals on transforming my life so I could make that a reality. Looking back I have no regrets and firmly believe that I had become that which I had set out to become. I believe Will knew it too. He was young but he was already Spiritually mature beyond his years. I know this because of my relationship with him and the stories I have heard others say about him.

I praise God daily that I was allowed that opportunity and that I was given that motivation to succeed. Without God I would not have been able to accomplish that transformation. I had to make that choice and the walk was a tough one, but I did it for the love of a child. That decision has been honored and again I am grateful.

I have every reason to be devastated by the loss of my son but because of the work and the transformational power of the Holy Spirit, I was able to stand firm during the most difficult time in my life. I weathered the storm and now have a powerful testimony to share.

Matthew 7:24-25
" Therefore anyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

My house stands and thrives because I chose to build my foundation on the Cornerstone, that Cornerstone is Jesus Christ. My passion for my son's sake continues even after his death. The goal of that passion is to spread that message to others. The message of love and grace that transforms lives is available to all.  My new heart drive is for others to understand that and to walk that path with them as we all grow together.

I crave those relationships with others that mutually builds each other up. I want our story to mix with yours and help others understand this transformative power. I have added an email link that send new published blogs directly to you.  I am building a ministry out of this tragedy to honor Will that will offer hope to anyone who suffers in despair. The process is slow moving but WILL'S WAY MINISTRY" is taking shape and will serve as platform to offer hope and healing to others.

If you wish to contact me or this developing organization please email me at willswayministry@gmail.org

May God Bless You All

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anthony, I'm sorry you've joined so many of The Lost who have lost a child. It would be impossible to survive living this life without my child in it if I thought this was it and when I die there is only infinite blackness - nothingness. Keep blogging. It helps.

    ReplyDelete