Friday, May 9, 2014

Living Victoriously



This has been an exciting week. The little reminders of just how big our God is keep popping up and I continue to stand in awe at what He is accomplishing in the lives and ministries that are being touched. It started with a blog from a friend about the Celebrate Life service and the sermon by Pastor Reed.  It has continued with God leading me into situation after situation, where I can serve as a vessel to others. It has been affirmed and reaffirmed in the stories that I am hearing, the lives I see changing and the letter I received from Tennessee Donor Services. I am witness to people trusting God.  I am witness to broken marriages being restored. Divorced and divorcing couples are finding resolve to fight for their families. Addictions and Codependents are starting their journey to wellness. People with testimony are waking up to their potential as witnesses. Life giving organs are offering new hope and possibilities in three families. I am so blessed to be a part of this and thank God for his love, grace and peace that He is offering to us through this tragedy.

I was reading through a book by Dr. Joel C. Hunter called "I Don't Do Crazy Anymore"and I came across a quote that I love.

"I'm not going to be afraid of getting sick ever again in my life because I've seen what it can do and what it can't do, and I'm going to live life according to what it can't do; it can't defeat me from doing good in spite of it; it can't stop God's grace from redeeming the destruction."

In the tragic events surrounding the death of my son, I have witnessed what death tried to do. Now I am witnessing what death can not do. I want to live my life with abandon and offer my love to others. I want to announce it to others that I have no fear of defeat even if life tries to break me.

If Will can touch that many lives in only 5 years and do it as a child, I can only imagine what we can do as a body of believers in the next 5 years. Jesus' ministry on earth was shorter than that and look what he did. How many lives has he saved through death?

I Corinthians 15:50-58

What I am saying, brothers and sisters, is this: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and will be changed. For this imperishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:
"Death has been swallowed up in victory."
"Where, O death is your victory?
Where, O death is your sting?"
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the works of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Hey, evil one! Where is your victory? I am identified with Christ and I laugh at your vain attempts to destroy me. By your attempts to break my spirit you have broken the bondage of fear! In your pride you continue to take my woundedness and make me ineffective for the kingdom. All you have done is make my testimony stronger! Thanks to the woundedness of Christ, I can identify with his struggles  and emerge like him, Victorious!!

My son Will lives on and my heart is motivated to share this news. God has two more warriors in the Kingdom that Satan did not count on!

Peace to All

This is the link to the aforementioned blog by Debra Dickerson. Thank you for the insight this week.

http://alienadventurejourney.blogspot.com/2014/05/pushing-5reflections-of-example-of.html?spref=fb



No comments:

Post a Comment