Monday, April 21, 2014

Continuing the Story




I heard another story today of a life Will has touched. A man walking the neighborhood, stopped my mother in the driveway and expressed his  anger that he had felt concerning what happened to Will. He said he had spent time with his parish priest about this and was able to come to a better understanding. He told my mother that he remembers Will in the driveway riding his tricycle and when he spoke to him Will responded back by saying "Hope you have a good day. Ever since that day this man pictures Will and his interaction with him. His story also led this man to seek Spiritual guidance from someone and has come to a better understanding of life and death. 

Ironically,  today I was led to a passage in 2 Corinthians that discusses the paradox between life and death. (2 Corinthians 4:7-5:10).

The following is a part of that passage:

2 Corinthians 4:11-15

For while we live, we are always being given up to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus may be made visible in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you. 
But just as we have the same spirit of faith that is in accordance with scripture-"I believed, and so I spoke"-we also believe, and so we speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus will also raise us with Jesus, and will bring us with you into his presence. Yes, everything is for your sake, so that grace, as it extends to more and more people, may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.

I am in awe at the happenstance surrounding the continuing story about Will and his life. I know that as we move forward in life that his physical presence will become more and more just a memory. That is where my grief lies. I am proud however to have the opportunity to carry the message of God to others. The "Good News" I have experienced through my life with my son.

William's life and legacy will always be apart of me and I vow to carry that with honor. That is what this blog is about. A little boy who loved life, grieving parents and friends who were touched by this beautiful child and strangers who walked this walk with us all have a part in this story. 

The story of Jesus and the church is just that sort of walk. Through death, others come to understand faith and grace. Others will get the chance to live. not just in the physical, thanks to donations of organs, but through pain and struggles all come to a better understanding of what real living is all about. That is my goal for my son. 

Peace and Blessings to All,

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment